Inside Sales Product Specialist - SCS
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: September 25, 2018
Job Title: Product Specialist - Inside Sales Rep
Req ID: 76570BR
Group: Specialty Sales & Bulk
Division/Business Unit: Laboratory Chemicals Division/Fine Chemical Products
Band: Band 5
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Located in Ward Hill, Massachusetts, supporting the SCS Group in the Fine Chemical Products Business Unit in the Laboratory Chemicals Division.
The Inside Sales Rep is part of the Laboratory Chemicals Division (LCD) which provides smart chemistry solutions for the pharmaceutical, agrochemical, diagnostic, detection, electronic, fuel cell, paints and coatings markets. LCD supports our academic, commercial, CRO, industry and government customers from research and development through to manufacturing throughout the world.
How will you make an impact?
Looking for a self-motivated professional who maintains a positive attitude at all times. You can make an impact by living our 4i values through your every day customer interactions (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement) and by influencing and leading by example. The Ideal candidate will enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing them with their fine chemical product needs.
What will you do?
The Product Specialist will primarily be responsible for bulk products (for a specified range of products or product groups) using the established process and standards for quotes and orders, as well as maintaining the responsibility for processing customer orders through a delivery including establishing packing needs and specifications. This position will also promote the sale of specific product lines, increasing bulk sales on these product lines while maintaining inventory and working directly with customers and vendors to provide the material per the customers specifications.
How will you get here?
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or related field required.
- A minimum of five years experience in a sales and/or technical service environment in a related field and/or a minimum of five years experience in a chemical industry dealing with customers preferred.
Expectations of the Role
- Provide customer quotes per customers specifications with a competitive price in a timely fashion. Enter customers order correctly in the system, follow up with the shipment information and provide customer with the estimated delivery date/tracking information.
- Add new products and seek new vendors who will meet our quality, on-time delivery and competitive price.
- Triage all customer complaints and determine the best course of action to rectify the issue, balancing both the customers needs and the overall potential impact to the Companys bottom line, ensuring a timely resolution.
- Maintain knowledge on other product lines in the business to ensure consistent coverage across the business.
- Develop, implement and measure a product/product line specific marketing plan to assist in achieving sales targets.
- Maintain an in depth understanding of the market (market size, new opportunities, competitors activity and pricing) and vendors to help meet our customer needs and expectations as well as to help grow the business.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team player, ability to collaborate well with other parts of the business.
- Ability to understand a customers technical questions and issues.
- Detail oriented with a strong attention to accuracy and quality; strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal teams and customers.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional image under pressure.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Quality system and ISO audit familiarity strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Cranston , Inside Sales Product Specialist - SCS, Sales , Tewksbury, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!