MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I
Company: Veolia Environnement SA
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Company DescriptionA subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North
America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy
management services, including water and wastewater treatment,
commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy
consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial,
healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout
North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America
has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations
across the continent. Please visit our website Job
DescriptionBENEFITSVeolia's comprehensive benefits package includes
paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision
insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate
in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay
and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in
their collective bargaining agreement.POSITION PURPOSEPerforms
maintenance services, installation or repairs in one or more skill
areas such as plumbing, mechanical, electrical repairs, pneumatic,
hydraulic, installation, carpentry, painting or vehicle
servicing.PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance, lubrication and
minor adjustments on machines and related equipment which may
include pumps, engines, centrifuges, generators, valves, gates,
mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed and odor control,
disinfection equipment, vacuum filters and belt presses. Promptly
reports any operational problems with machines or equipment to Lead
- Learns to inspect and becomes proficient at mechanical
troubleshooting to determine repairs needed. Dismantles equipment
to gain access to and repairs defective parts using hand tools,
power tools and precision measuring and testing devices.
Re-assembles and tests equipment ensuring safe and efficient
operating conditions are restored. Learns to troubleshoot
hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic equipment and
- Performs facility maintenance and repair and may replace or
install light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, damaged glass, windows,
doors, partitions, ceiling or floor tiles, door locks, carpet,
- May perform manual labor including cleaning equipment,
facilities and grounds as required and properly disposes of waste
according to safety and environmental policies. Operates vehicles
for plant operational purposes.SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES (INTERMITTENT,
ON AN OCCASIONAL BASIS, ETC.)
- Learns to estimate time and material costs for various
projects. May assist in other areas of plant as directed. WORK
ENVIRONMENT Spends 100% of the time in the operations environment.
Typically spends 25 - 35% of time exposed to outdoor and sometimes
inclement weather. Company service vehicles are used as
required.Travels 1 - 2 times per year for company provided
training. May serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call.May be
exposed to possible operations hazards including fumes, dust, toxic
and caustic chemicals, noise, rotating machinery, high pressure and
hot and cold temperatures, slippery surfaces, water and electrical
hazards.QualificationsEducation / Experience / Background
- High school or GED with the ability to read, write and
comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality
instructions) and be able to carry out verbal and written
- Six months to two years experience in a related position with
ability to comprehend specifications, blueprints and
manuals.Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Some vocational training and mechanical aptitude preferred,
with the ability to read, interpret and record data from meters,
gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles and other equipment.
- Experience using power, pneumatic, hydraulic, and hand tools
and shop tools such as drill press, band saw, bench grinder, and
torque wrench preferred.
- Experience using material handling equipment, pressure gauges
and precision measuring instruments.
- Must have ability to operate Computer Maintenance Management
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and
independently perform assigned duties and meet or exceed production
and quality goals.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and
willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities
readily.Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- Minimum water / wastewater license as required by regulatory
agency at site.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving
- Employee Orientation, Departmental Operating Procedures,
Safety, Confined Space training, OSHA and Quality Training.
- HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response)
Level I and II First Responder Certification if required by site.
Minimum water / wastewater operator state certification.
- Must become proficient in the care and use of all site
specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment),
including respirators, gas detectors, confined space equipment,
- Forklift Certification if required by site.
- Training in operation of mechanical drives, hydraulic pumps and
valves, pneumatics, electronics and control systems.
- Obtain or maintain HVAC, Electrician, Plumber's or other trade
License if assigned to that area. Note: Tech will not perform
duties unless properly licensed.
- Training in the use of energy management systems as
- Works toward increasing skills in additional functional areas
or in obtaining advanced skills / maintenance certifications.
- Amount of time spent - Standing 25%, Walking 75% for as many as
five miles per shift.
- Requires close visual and hearing observation to detect
non-conformance and machine malfunction.
- Constantly uses hands to finger, handle or feel and frequently
reaches with hands and arms.
- Works in various positions; works on ladders, catwalks, and
supports at heights of 50 feet above the ground; and works with
hands extended above and below head and body up to 40 minutes using
hand tools weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds (occasionally 60
pounds) distances of 10 feet. Occasional stooping, bending or
kneeling and entering confined spaces.Additional
InformationDisclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits
information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company
reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject
to applicable law.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status. As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity
and gives equal consideration to all applications, without
discrimination. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia Environnement SA, Cranston , MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I, Professions , Cranston, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...