Receiving Chemist I
Company: Clean Harbors
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Opportunity: Our Receiving Chemist I is responsible for
working in the facility warehouse to complete tasks associated with
receiving and sampling waste drums. HOURS: Monday - Friday 7:00am -
3:30pm Key Responsibilities:
- Receives all containers, verifies counts and sizes of received
loads and properly codes all waste for disposal processing.
- Samples all incoming drums and performs basic analysis of
samples following prescribed procedures.
- Confirms that all drums are properly and accurately coded for
routing and billing according to protocol.
- Ensures all drums are assigned the proper disposal process
and/or outbound profile.
- Moves drums from staging area to proper facility storage
- Completes all associated paperwork and ensures that all work
meets applicable QA/QC guidelines.
- Maintains a safe working environment that is in compliance with
all applicable OSHA regulations as well as all applicable company
Health & Safety and Compliance protocols.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following
policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times. Key
- Associate's Degree in a Science or related field is
- Experience in a similar environment such as warehouse,
facility, lab, etc.
- Proficient with Windows based applications.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in team environment. Clean Harbors is the
leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services
throughout United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto
Rico. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a
majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private
entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local
governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean
Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and
re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small
quantity generator market. For many positions, we have implemented
a Competency Based Progression and Pay Program, which directly
rewards employees for developing increased proficiency in their key
job functions through training and experience. At Clean Harbors you
are offered unique opportunities for all stages of your career.
Clean Harbors offers all eligible employees a comprehensive
benefits package including:
- Competitive hourly wage.
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance.
- 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off.
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training. We thank
all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however
only those that complete the online application and meet the
minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.Clean
Harbors is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status. *CH #LI-JD1
Keywords: Clean Harbors, Cranston , Receiving Chemist I, Professions , Cranston, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!