Senior Material Handler
Company: Saab Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Due to recent program wins, Saab, Inc. is seeking a Material
Handler to join the Manufacturing/ Production team at our newest
facility in Cranston, RI.
Responsibilities will include:
* Packaging, shipping, and preparing paperwork for all domestic and
* Completing import paperwork and clearing imports with Freight
* Unpacking and checking goods received against purchase orders or
invoices, maintaining records of received goods and rejecting
* Examining, stocking, and distributing materials in inventory and
on manufacturing lines
* Performing inventory and cycle counts
* Lifting heavy items and operating a forklift
* Maintaining off site warehouse
* Ability to drive 26 ft. box truck
Skills and Experience:
* 2+ years of relevant experience
* Prior experience with best commercial packaging practices
* Working knowledge of Oracle MRP Inventory Management principles
and Shipping/Receiving modules
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Knowledge of MS Excel and Oracle (or similar accounting system)
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a
government security investigation and must meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information.
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and
programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a
condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering
professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life
balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
* Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and
* Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating
holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness,
bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
* 401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
* Tuition assistance
* Student loan assistance
* Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance
* Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring
mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe.
Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the
boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and
more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced
technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the
Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and
commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the
company has business units and local employees in seven U.S.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer
unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a
company that respects each person's needs and encourage employees
to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values
diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be
considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other
federal, state, or locally protected category.
Keywords: Saab Group, Cranston , Senior Material Handler, Other , Cranston, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!