Medical Records Coordinator
Company: Elderwood of Scallop Shell at Wakefield
Posted on: April 30, 2021
The Medical Records Coordinator supports
the nursing department and assists with ensuring the health and
well-being of residents by managing their medical records to
include collecting resident information, issuing medical files,
filing medical records, and processing paperwork. The MRC maintains
records in a manner complaint with all applicable state and federal
- Validates census information on a daily basis and submits
census activity information to the Business Office or as
- Submits census to required state department(s) weekly or as
- Retrieves monthly reports from CMS.
- Organizes and performs analysis on medical records of
discharged residents and ensures
completeness before filing.
- Prepares information for QA & R and performs any related tasks
- If applicable at facility, supervises, schedules and oversees
Medical Records Assistant(s) to include assisting in the hiring
process, reviewing timecards, evaluations, training, onboarding and
- Maintains MD/NP schedule.
- Manages role assignments for physician and nursing staff in HPN
- Maintains closed medical records and their accessibility for
retrieval/investigations and the proper destruction of closed
records per company policy.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and
employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without
regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or
veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other
protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the
performance of the work involved.
- Minimum of HS diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years of long-term care experience
- Demonstrated computer skills using databases and applications
(e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Education/Training in medical records processing leading to
R.H.I.T certification preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
Keywords: Elderwood of Scallop Shell at Wakefield, Cranston , Medical Records Coordinator, Other , Cranston, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!