Senior User Assistance Designer (Technical Writer)- 6 month contract
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Senior User Assistance Designer (Temporary)Are you passionate about
learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced,
innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and
others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an
agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose
driven organization important to you? If the answers to these
questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help
businesses solve their biggest challenge - attracting, motivating
and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for
cutting edge digital learning and human capital management
solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including
65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other
company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are
accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and
29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel
for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about "Making Work Matter." With over 2200 employees
around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Temporary full-time position
- Work closely with the Product Development team, including the
Technical Communications Manager, software engineers, Marketing,
and User Experience to provide documentation and training support
- Responsible for writing software documentation that includes
online help, technical support documents, product communications,
and training materials.
- Also responsible for testing and editing the documentation
produced by other members of the Product and UX team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in Technical Communication, English, or related
- Minimum 6+ years' experience writing documentation in a
software development environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with a variety of software
applications and technologies to include:
- Microsoft Office applications
- Help authoring software
- HTML, CSS
- Graphics software (Microsoft Visio, Photoshop, SnagIt)
- Video editing and production
- Experience delivering and managing technical training
- Understanding of structured authoring and principles of content
- Experience in web programming and Internet technologies (XML,
database, server administration)
- Experience in documentation project management
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience editing and testing technical documentation for
accuracy and usability
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications and business
- Experience with Madcap Flare
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience writing API documentation
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have
built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept
unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted
by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring
manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency
Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be
deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the
candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or
through other means.
Keywords: Skillsoft, Cranston , Senior User Assistance Designer (Technical Writer)- 6 month contract, IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!