Computer Operator I
Posted on: November 27, 2018
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines?to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.Overall Purpose and Objective:Provides entry level monitoring and troubleshooting for operating equipment and 24x365 adherences to operational procedures, checklists, policies, and national IT Best Practices.Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs entry level troubleshooting of systems and servers related to host systems, middleware, applications, and existing tools according to established procedures under supervision.
- Performs entry level network monitoring by confirming tool set availability, using tools for verification of services, and detecting, reporting, escalating, and documenting anomalies according to established procedures.
- Monitors logical security through use of established tools and procedures.
- Performs entry level monitoring of systems and servers by confirming tool set availability, using tools for verification of services, and detecting, reporting, escalating, and documenting anomalies according to established procedures.
- Performs entry level troubleshooting of network technologies related to IP network devices and backbone transports according to established procedures, using existing tools under supervision.
- Accurately executes operational checklists to ensure that all draw processing, day-end processing, system balancing, file system maintenance, change requests, report/file transfers and deliveries, messaging and jackpot details, system locations/configurations, and internal/external customer requests are completed.
- Appropriately coordinates, executes, validates, tracks, follows up on, and escalates internal and external customer requests according to established guidelines.
- Submits recommendations to create and/or maintain operational procedures and checklists.
- Adheres to Service Level Agreements (SLA) by following established SLA performance requirements
- Adheres to IT best practices by following established IT best practice performance and audit requirements
- Supports local testing policies and procedures
- Performs entry level monitoring and/or troubleshooting of automated functions by confirming tool set availability, using tools for verification of services, and detecting, reporting, escalating, and documenting anomalies according to established procedures
- Participates in individual professional development by completing assigned development plan, participating in mentoring activities, tracking and reporting of development, and communicating career path goals and objectives.Skills and Experience:
- Two year technical college degree and 1-2 years comparable experience
- Able to navigate through Unix/Linux/AIX/VMS/DOS and perform basic commands
- Working knowledge of FTP/SFTP protocols
- Comprehensive knowledge of Office suite and PC operating systems
- Customer service experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in particular phone etiquette skills)
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative and sense of urgency
- Effective listening skills, ability to organize and plan, attention to detail skills required.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays, 10 hour shifts.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.#LI-AD1IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged.? IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, free identity theft insurance, free hot and cold beverages, and access to on-site gym facilities (Providence Headquarters and West Greenwich).IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.
Keywords: IGT, Cranston , Computer Operator I, IT / Software / Systems , Cranston, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!