Certified Nursing Assistant, Homecare Services (CNA I)
Company: Community Based Care, LLC
Posted on: January 19, 2023
The Certified Nursing Assistant I provides Activities of Daily
Living (ADLs) and Instrumental Activities of daily living (IADLs)
as assigned in an individuals care plan. Care is generally provided
in the home, however, errands, and escort services may also be
assigned as designated in an individuals care plan.
- Comply with all policies and procedures set out by the Quality
Home Staffing/Community Based Home Care Employee Manual provided at
orientation or any additional materials provided during the term of
- Position is responsible for providing services as assigned by
the RN Field Supervisor in accordance with the individuals approved
- The Certified Nursing Assistant I is required to report any
deviations in an individuals functional or medical condition to the
appropriate agency personnel.
- Services must be provided during the assigned schedule for each
- Deviations from the assignment including, but not limited to
the following must be reported to the agency
- Deviations from the assigned schedule
- Individual declining specific tasks or requesting unassigned
- Individual expecting to be unavailable for a shift or multiple
- Hospitalizations, Rehab, or Facility placement.
- Incidents, accidents or other events that are not aligned with
the individuals plan of care.
- The Certified Nursing Assistant I must be able to demonstrate
competence with assigned ADLs and IADLs or special tasks and
perform these tasks in line with the plan of care.
- Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Bathing (assist, bed bath, tub bath, shower, sitz)
- Dressing / Undressing
- Mouth care
- Skin care (non-prescription)
- Hair care
- Nail care (does not include nail care for clients with
- Turn and position
- Use of lift
- Assist with ambulation
- Range of motion
- Bowel/bladder training program
- Collect specimens
- Perineal / catheter care
- Apply/Remove Condom Catheters
- Meal preparation according to clients dietary needs or
restrictions, including forcing fluids and restrictions.
- Assist, monitor or feed the client, according to level of
- IADLs may include but are not limited to:
- Special Tasks
- Vital signs
- Blood Pressure
- Height and Weight
- Application of heat/cold
- Preventative intervention to prevent decubitus ulcers
- Apply TED hose, as instructed
- Deep breathing/cough techniques
- Remove EKG leads
- Companion or Sitter services, as assigned in the care plan
- In addition to the above tasks, the CNA I may be required to
provide other tasks that are required by clients needs and level of
care (proof of competence require prior to services rendered.
- Proof of current CNA I certification.
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- An individuals criminal history check complying with 6.0
Clinical Coverage Policy 3L.
- Do not have a finding on the North Carolina Health Care
Registry in accordance with G.S.131E256
- Experience in Home and Community Based Services, preferred
- Current Tb Skin Test
- Have reliable transportation
- Proof of current automobile insurance.
- Can demonstrate competence providing assigned tasksRequisition
ID: 2022-1152 External Company Name: Community Based Care External
Company URL: https://cbcare.com/
Keywords: Community Based Care, LLC, Cranston , Certified Nursing Assistant, Homecare Services (CNA I), Healthcare , Cranston, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!