Company: Brown Medicine
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Job DescriptionPRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet patients and visitors promptly. Assist patients and
family members or other customers with concern and empathy; respect
their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a
courteous and respectful manner. Orient patients to the site.
- Schedule patients using the Brown Medicine scheduling system.
This includes establishing the appointment type, specific provider,
and appointment time.
- Answer incoming calls and document as necessary in EMR. Return
phone calls to patients, physician offices and other medical
providers such as laboratory and radiology facilities.
- Confirm patient appointments.
- Respond to routine requests for information in a timely manner,
following office and/or Brown Medicine workflow protocols. Refer
calls or other inquiries to ensure accurate and timely
- Prepare new patient medical record or update revisit patient
- Mail informational material to new patients in advance of
scheduled appointments. As necessary, contacts agencies to obtain
pertinent patient information and to coordinate clinic/treatment
programs. Contacts third party payors to obtain required
pre-authorizations in accordance with established policies
- Check patients into site by updating patient demographic
information and "arriving" the patient in the software. Verify
insurance information at each patient visit. Scan patient's
insurance card and license into the system.
- Check patients out. Schedule follow-up appointments. May
schedule appointments for patients who need lab work, diagnostic
imaging or referral to other medical providers.
- Initiate and follow through on referral authorization calls to
insurance carriers as necessary.
- Capture patient's visit in the system by entering
diagnosis/service codes from encounter sheets. This includes
accurately entering the appropriate code.
- Collect payments (co-pays) for services rendered when
applicable (at check in or check out). Provide patient a
- Reconcile encounter forms and payment collection on a daily
- Process outgoing mail and distribute incoming mail.
- Photocopy, fax and file as required.
- Type correspondence as directed.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Print reports as necessary.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to respond to changing
situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs,
such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Minimize non-productive time and fill slow periods with
activities that will enable you to prepare to meet future needs of
the office (organizing, housekeeping, assisting others, etc.).
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Attend required meetings.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems
it necessary within the office.Education:
- High School diploma or GED. Graduate of a Medical Secretary
program with one year experience in a medical practice
Keywords: Brown Medicine, Cranston , Medical Secretary-Pulmonary, Healthcare , Riverside, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!