Company: Brown Medicine
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARY: Perform selected clinical duties that
assist in the delivery of patient care management to the degree of
training and as delegated by Practice Manager, practice
physician(s), nurse practitioner(s), physician assistant(s) or
nurse(s). Maintains efficient back-end operations, following Brown
Medicine electronic medical record (EMR) workflow protocols.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Consistently applies the
Brown Medicine values of patient care priority, dignity,
collaboration, integrity and quality in support of the Brown
Medicine mission to deliver compassionate, high-quality patient
care, research excellence and outstanding physician education.
Responsible for knowing and acting in accordance with the Brown
Medicine Compliance Program and Code of Conduct. Consistently
practices the Brown Medicine Customer Service Standards.
- Follow established Brown Medicine EMR workflow protocols to
maximize site's productivity and office flow efficiency.
- Prepare exam and/or treatment rooms with necessary equipment
and supplies for examination of treatment.
- Pulls and reviews charts based on specialty-driven guidelines.
Check for outstanding labs, x-rays, consults, etc. Review previous
office note to determine tests required at time of service. Flag
chart with any outstanding needs.
- Prepare patient for examination and/or treatment obtaining
vital signs such as blood pressure, pulse, temperature and weight.
Record vital signs and update medication list.
- Assist physician in preparing for procedures to specialty (i.e.
physicals, pap smears, minor surgeries, sigmoidoscopy, etc.).
- Under physician supervision draw up and administer
- Check for refills pending on system. Pull patient chart and
enter refill information on medication sheet. Return patient chart
to file after physician transmits prescription. Call in
prescriptions when required.
- Maintain and stock examination rooms.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to respond to changing
situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs,
such as re-prioritizing work as necessary.
- Minimize non-productive time and fill slow periods with
activities that will enable you to prepare to meet future needs of
the office (organizing, housekeeping, assisting others, etc.).
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Attend required meetings.
- May perform duties of Medical Secretary.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems
it necessary within the office. General Requirements:
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and/or treatment
procedures as dictated by specialty area
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions necessary to
maintain a safe work environment.
- Ability to read, speak and understand (both orally and in
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and
- Ability to communicate appropriately.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional
working relationships with patients, physicians, supervisor and
- Ability to pull and file charts. Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program or one year experience
gained through prior employment in a medical practice.
- National certification preferred.
Keywords: Brown Medicine, Cranston , Medical Assistant-Endocrine, Healthcare , Riverside, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!