RN - Infusion - Hematology Oncology
Company: Care New England
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Job DescriptionPrimary FunctionResponsible for rendering
professional nursing services, either directly or indirectly, for a
defined group of patients according to the CNE and Physician
Practice philosophy of patient care. Nurse is also responsible for
providing quality care to patients prior to, during and after
treatment in accordance with department and hospital policy. Job
Qualifications and SpecificationsGraduation from an accredited
nursing program. BSN preferred and a minimum 4 years of direct
experience caring for patients. Must have current BLS
certification. RI State RN Licensure required. Responsibilities
- Provide direct patient care, including examination and
treatment under an approved protocol which would include assigning
- Evaluate outcomes and adjust nursing care processes as needed
to ensure optimal patient care.
- Assist with identifying and/or ordering medication and
- May assist with administrative responsibilities that include
but are not limited to ordering medical office supplies and
scheduling patients for treatment.
- Utilize the nursing process to implement goal-directed nursing
care for a defined group of patients including the management of
- Monitor infusion room staff and patients.
- Monitor medical condition of assigned patients at all times and
report to Physician or designee, any patient care problems, changes
in condition or unexpected occurrences.
- Triage calls and educate patients/family regarding condition,
treatment, planning and follow up examinations if needed. Seek
feedback from patients/family to evaluate understanding and
- Perform a variety of nursing skills in compliance with
physician orders and established Hospital policies and
- Communicate with physicians and other Practice staff to consult
on patient status and to ensure continuity of care. This would
include contact with outside agencies.
- Maintain patient's medical records in an orderly manner and
document all care provided and significant information, legibly,
accurately and completely.
- Provide clinical leadership for other clinical staff members
and participate in the orientation of new personnel.
- Assume responsibility for own professional development, setting
goals and striving to achieve them through available resources,
such as attending seminars, in-services and/or reading
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Keywords: Care New England, Cranston , RN - Infusion - Hematology Oncology, Healthcare , Cranston, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!