Community Manager - Affordable
Company: Fairfield Residential
Posted on: May 7, 2022
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus*
ABOUT THIS POSITION:Fairfield Residential properties are known for
our visible and available on-site staff that keep our residents
loving where they live. Our Community Managers are independent
leaders that maintain these high standards and approach all facets
of the property's operations with strong business instincts and a
Community Managers play a critical role in hiring, coaching and
supervising a high performing team. Their focus is to ensure the
property's revenue and profit targets are met while maintaining
best in class standards for customer service and high retention for
This is a busy, exciting job for a dynamic, self-motivated
collaborator who is passionate about a vibrant career in
residential property management. In this role, you must have the
ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings,
and holidays and have a valid real estate license. This position
reports to a Regional Supervisor.
THIS POSITION MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- YOU ARE DRIVEN BY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION and work diligently to
maintain their happiness
- YOU GET INTO THE NUMBERS and all the ways that projecting,
calculating, tracking and reporting them makes a business
- YOU ARE A GOOD LISTENER that approaches the needs of your
colleagues and residents with empathy and a commitment to solving
- YOU SET THE WORK ETHIC STANDARD by expecting the same of others
as you expect of yourself.
- YOU ARE TECH SAVVY especially with the Microsoft Office suite
and Yardi (or similar) software.
- YOU KNOW THAT INTEGRITY MATTERS and exhibit a strong adherence
to ethical standards including, but not limited to, the ability to
maintain confidentiality and fiduciary responsibility.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE:TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Recruit, lead, motivate, and develop a high performing and
diverse staff. - -
- Provide coaching, guidance, ongoing feedback and light
- Ensure adherence by all staff to company policies and
- Prepare, execute and truly own the property's operational
- Utilize an online accounting system such as Yardi to generate
and review reports to ensure property is within budgeted
expectations and make recommendations for cost savings and revenue
- Oversees customer collections and implements legal proceedings
- Ensure budgeted occupancy levels at budgeted rental rates are
in conjunction with other goals of the property.
- Prepare and conduct property inspections and corporate or
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with the on-site
professional team to seamlessly coordinate and prepare for the
welcoming of all new residents.
- Gather and follow up on all verifications of income, as
required for LIHTC and/or HUD programs.
- Monitor correct usage of income and rent limits as well as
- Walk units to prepare for state required inspections.
- Maintain positive relationship with local housing authority.
SALES & MARKETING
- Ensure the effective execution of marketing programs per
branding and marketing standards.
- Represent and ensure the content for your property is
represented accurately on marketing assets such as the property
website and social media.
- Increase resident satisfaction through lease renewal strategies
and resident retention plans.
- Serve as a Fairfield ambassador by effectively and
professionally managing residents' concerns
WHAT YOU'LL NEED ON DAY ONE:For this role, at least three years of
hands-on property management experience is desired; with
multifamily property experience a big plus. A successful track
record as a supervisor is preferred. This is not an entry level
- Valid Real estate and/or other license(s) as required by
- Strong understanding of financial statements such as budget,
financial reports, P&L Statements, General Ledger etc. -
Experience in writing and maintaining budgets.
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) Designation
- Certified Credit Compliance Professional (C3P) Designation
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) or Certified Professional
of Occupancy (CPO) designation preferred if HUD property.
- Strong understanding of federal, state and local fair housing
laws and provisions.
- Strong knowledge of IRS 8823 guide and HUD 4350.3 Manual.
- Prior experience preparing for a REAC inspection, as needed for
- The ability to read and understand regulatory agreements.
HOW TO STAND OUT:
- A previous track record of maintaining occupancy and net
operating incomes in multi-family property management
- Strong references as a supervisor of a large team.
*The sign on bonus, less usual deductions, will be paid following
the completion of 90 days of employment. -
Keywords: Fairfield Residential, Cranston , Community Manager - Affordable, Executive , Cranston, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!