Executive Director-Home Care
Company: LHC Group, Inc.
Posted on: January 8, 2022
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and home and community-based services,
we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients
to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, policies
and procedures, that are applicable to hospice and Medicare /
Medicaid issues when applicable on a daily basis.
- Ensures that hospice employs qualified individuals (for all
staff members) and accepts responsibility for daily agency
- Immediately available (or has Alternate Designee) to be on-site
during business hours or immediately available by telephone when
off-site conducting agency business, available after hours as
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the agency and acts as the
driver for the Care Management Process. The Executive Director or
designee RN, such as a Patient Care Manager, will receive daily
report on patients from staff. This process also includes review of
patient care paperwork, referral information, recertification
processes, discharge information, and event reporting, etc. on a
- Acts as liaison between staff, patients and Hospice Management
Team & Governing Board on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all payer sources are coded/assigned correctly for
appropriate billing to take place. Ensures that all services are
billed as provided and supervises staff regarding billing issues on
a daily basis.
- Ensures adequate staffing through recruitment for agency as
well as adequate staff education and evaluations on daily or as
- Reviews monthly financials relative to all aspects of the
operation to assure that quality patient care is delivered in the
most cost-effective manner.
- Participates in the QAPI planning and processes, reporting, and
improvement action plans as indicated. This includes chart
audits, patient satisfaction, financials, contracts, patient/family
complaints, etc. and appropriate follow-up. Patient/family
complaints require immediate follow-up. Conducted on a daily
- Supervises all patient care activities to assure compliance
with current standards of accepted nursing and medical practice and
regulatory standards on a constant basis.
- Assists the agency in the implementation of a supply/drug
formulary to ensure that services are utilized in the most cost
effective manner on a daily basis. Review medications purchased to
ensure relevant hospice relation on a daily basis.
- Maintains personnel files monthly, completes required courses
through LHC Connect and attends in-services when applicable.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires as needed basis.
- Acts as Emergency Coordinator during emergencies ensuring
appropriate plan execution.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Must be a licensed physician, licensed registered nurse,
licensed practical nurse, or licensed social worker or college
graduate - with a Bachelor's degree with at least three years of
documented experience in discipline/field of study with at least
one year of full time experience in a hospice, home health, or
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current Driver's License and vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle, or public transportation. Additional State
- GA: An LPN cannot hold an Executive Director position. Must
have at least one year of supervisory or management experience
- in a hospice setting or an individual with education, training,
and experience in health services administration with at least two
years of supervisory or management experience in a hospice
- MS: An LPN cannot hold an Executive Director position. Must
have two years of health care management experience and three years
of healthcare service delivery experience that would be relevant to
managing the day to day operations.
- NJ: An LPN cannot hold an Executive Director position. Must
have a Master's degree in administration or a health related field
and at least 2 years supervisory or administrative experience in
hospice care or a healthcare setting OR a Bachelor's degree in
administration or a health related field and 4 years of supervisory
or administrative experience in hospice care or in a healthcare
- TN: One year full time supervisory or administrative experience
in home health, hospice, or an oncology setting.
- TX: An LPN cannot hold an Executive Director position. Must
have at least one year of management or supervisory experience
- in a health-related setting and evidence of 8 clock hours of
educational training in the administration of an agency within the
12 months preceding designation of position per Texas
- VA: One year, within the last 5 years, of supervisory or
administration management experience in hospice care, home health,
or oncology setting.
- AL, AR, AZ, FL, ID, IL, LA, MI, MO, NC, NV, , PA, SC, WA, , WV:
No additional state specific requirements.
Keywords: LHC Group, Inc., Cranston , Executive Director-Home Care, Executive , Cranston, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!