Desktop Operations Engineer II
Company: Citizens Bank
Posted on: November 23, 2019
DescriptionThe Desktop and Mobility Operations Engineer performs a
critical role in delivery of the support and lifecycle management
for Citizens Bank's Desktop and Mobility Platforms. This role
within the Colleague Technology Services department offers the
opportunity to be part of the evolution of end user collaboration
and productivity technology across the enterprise.The ideal
candidate has strong written and verbal communication skills with
an operations and customer comes first mindset. - Support of
Microsoft, Apple, Mobile Device Management and others products are
required.Technology Scope of Position
- Our technology domain includes end user compute, collaboration
& productivity and directory services. The focus of this role is to
provide the day to day operations for the management of desktop
tools such as SCCM, Altiris and JAMF. - It will also provide
support for our mobile device management infrastructure with
- Products and protocols include Microsoft SCCM, MDT/OSD, WSUS,
Office Suite, JamF for MacOS and Blackberry for mobile devices.
- Routine and structured health check validation and reporting of
supported platforms. Maintain currency in end user market trends
and participate in industry workgroups as needed. This includes the
deployment of hotfixes, rollups and cryptography updates across all
regions (development, quality assurance and production). -
- Capacity and Performance Monitoring.
- Disaster Recovery planning, testing and validation.
- Troubleshoot complex application issues within the end user
environment, owning the 2nd level support function for issue
- Develop tools and processes for information gathering and
configuration changes within the environment.
- Ability to occasionally work or be assigned work during
nights/weekends during critical incidents or major project
- Have the flexibility to be included in rotation of a 24x7 on
call coverage schedule.
- Provide input and/or direct teammates handling critical
incidents, outages and root cause analysis.
Position is based in East Providence, RI or Franklin,
- 2 to 5 years of experience in at least 2 areas of the role's
technology focus including monitoring, alerting, and
- In depth knowledge and application of Microsoft products and
industry best practices and security principles for electronic
messaging, integrated collaboration, and productivity software.
Scripting abilities (PowerShell, VB) a plus.
- Broad knowledge of the end user technology domain including
compute, collaboration and productivity.
- Ability to create high-quality engineering and operational
runbooks and procedural documentation.
- Dedication to improving knowledge of the technology domain
throughout the organization.
- Experience operating in a regulated environment, healthcare,
banking etc. is a plus.
- Strong ability to identify issues in the environment and can
efficiently communicate the issues with colleagues and
- Process oriented and can document work processes and
- Able to succeed and integrate into a fast paced environment in
a highly collaborative manner, self-motivated and requiring ability
to operate with minimal supervision.
- Critical thinker is required, ability to research and
- Able to speak and write English at a professional and
technically proficient level including understanding of good
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, IT or related discipline or
equivalent experience.Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - FridayWhy Work for UsAt Citizens, you'll
find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers
and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team,
you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with
access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and
maximize your career growth.Equal Employment OpportunityIt is the
policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement
opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender,
pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability,
genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status,
marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected
by federal, state and/or local laws.Equal Employment and
Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VeteranCitizens Bank is a brand name
of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective
Keywords: Citizens Bank, Cranston , Desktop Operations Engineer II, Engineering , Cranston, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!