Cash Posting Specialist
Posted on: July 30, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: -The ideal candidate will perform under general
supervision a variety of moderately complex to complex tasks
related to posting, reconsiderations and adjustments of all payment
types to the billing and collection system. - The position requires
excellent communication, customer service and organizational
skills. - All tasks must be performed in a timely and accurate
manner in accordance with Concentra and Central Billing Office
practices, policies, and procedures. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - -
- Payment application.
- Transfers payments to other Central Business Offices as
necessary and follows appropriate transfer out procedures.
- Processes zero pay explanation of benefits and appropriate
reasons for zero pay.
- Performs and maintains posting level per company policy.
- Verifies payments and matches outstanding balances.
- Processes batches and uses correct payment transaction
- Researches and processes charge backs and bad checks.
- Creates, reviews, processing of all data on daily reports.
- Monitors discrepancies and makes needed adjustments.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of trends or problems with
specific payers, contracts or fee schedule adherence.
- May perform lead duties.
- Prepares status report of all reconsiderations.
- Prepares and disburses all daily reconsiderations to
appropriate carrier or third party administrator.
- Applies appropriate adjustments. -Other Duties
Performs additional duties as
assigned or deemed necessary. -
High School education, prefer some
college or specialty training in medical billing or equivalent job
relevant experience -JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
Experience with a multi location
practice - -DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES: -
Strong computer skillsMicrosoft Word
and Excel knowledge and experienceAbility to operate 10 key
numerical pad by touchAbility to work under tight time
schedulesStrong customer service and communication skillsExcellent
problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasksAbility
to work independentlyAbility to be detailed orientedAbility to
assist peersAbility to communicate verbally and in writing -WORKING
CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS: -
Office EnvironmentSitting for
extended periods of timeAbility to lift light weights of up to 35
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off -If you're looking for an organization that cares
for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients,
consider Concentra. -This job requires access to confidential and
sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure
information management. -Concentra is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, -including disability/veterans - - -
Keywords: Concentra, Cranston , Cash Posting Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Cranston, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!